Research Methods in Education and Psychology: Integrating Diversity with Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches
Focused on providing as full a picture as possible of what is considered to be "good" research, Research Methods in Education and Psychology explains quantitative and qualitative methods and incorporates the viewpoints of various research paradigms into the descriptions of these methods. It not only covers two of the standard paradigms (postpositivist and interpretive/constructivist) but also a relatively new emancipatory paradigm that is inclusive of the perspectives of feminists, ethnic/racial minorities, and persons with disabilities. In each chapter, Donna M. Mertens carefully explains a step of the research process from the literature review to types of research method to analysis and reporting of quantitative or qualitative approaches. As an added plus, she includes a sample study and abstract in each chapter to illustrate the concepts discussed in that chapter. To enhance your students reading, she has also included:
- Chapter opening examples and lists of topics to consider
- Boxed examples and points to consider
- Sample studies in every chapter to illustrate key ideas
- Sequence steps to guide each stage of the research process
- End-of-chapter "Questions and Answers for Discussion and Application" to elicit further reflection of the material covered
Results 1-3 of 48
When the language of the researcher is different from the respondents , the usual method of constructing the instrument is to rely heavily on collaboration with native - speaking colleagues . A process of back translation is often used ...
4. Add some categories not traditionally included , such as Native American , Native Hawaiian , and Middle Easterner . Macias ( 1993 ) explored distinctions related to language and ethnic classification of language ...
By the middle of the project , some of the participants asked to be taught sign language . They were told that they would need to learn sign language from Egyptian deaf people so that they would learn the signs appropriate for their ...
What people are saying - Write a review
An Introduction to Research
Literature Review and Research Problems
Experimental and QuasiExperimental Research
14 other sections not shown