, Dec 27, 2011
- 704 pages
- Frommer's Ireland features gorgeous color photos of the sights and experiences that await you.
- London-based husband and wife team, Christi Daugherty and Jack Jewers, have been exploring the back roads of their ancestral homeland, Ireland, for years. They'll tell you the smartest way to experience major attractions such as Giant's Causeway, Newgrange, and Skellig Michael, but they'll also clue you into dazzling country roads, prehistoric ruins without signage scattered in farm fields, and lively little music bars where most of the regulars speak Gaelic.
- They've checked out the best hotels, guesthouses, restaurants, and pubs in person, and their authoritative, candid reviews will help you make choices that suit your tastes and budget.
- From popular tourist destinations such as Dublin and the Ring of Kerry to less-trammeled regions such as Donegal and the North, Ireland will be more accessible and richer for visitors who follow our authors' seasoned, perceptive, and adventurous suggestions.
- You'll also get up-to-the-minute coverage of shopping and nightlife in cities and towns; detailed walking tours; lively coverage of history and culture; accurate neighborhood maps; and advice on planning a successful family vacation.
- Frommer's Ireland also includes a color fold-out map.